Monday, November 2, 2009

My Physics class

I'm not in a physics class, and I got a 2 on the AP in high school. Earlier this week, however, I was reminded of those early lessons.

The scene: kitchen, 15 minutes before class
The characters: my roommates, me
The costume: unimportant but for a pair of wonderful little sneakers with felt for soles

My vertically challenged roommate had stepped in front of me and I wanted to know if I could kick my leg above her head. Following scientific methods, I conducted an experiment. I kicked my leg up as high as I could. My leg reached to a point just above her head - and continued on up. Now, as objects in motion tend to stay in motion unless they're acted on by another force, I expected the friction of my grounded foot to arrest my airborne foot 's upward development. However, as stated earlier, my foot did not stop its motion. My foot was apparently so exited about flying high that it decided to pull the other foot with it.

I should inform the reader that I do not have extra limbs or a pillow covered kitchen floor. So, when gravity finally won out over upward pulling inertia, I landed straight on my ass. The whole thing was quite quintessentially clutzy, and I was a little late for class.

Thanks science. And also thank science, non facetiously for making my legs short enought to survive the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment