Monday, November 2, 2009

On Actual Work I DId (Or an alternative to "Tethered" photography)

Introducing an alternative to "tethered" shooting, with tethered shooting being shooting your photos straight to your computer. I was looking for some simple software for shooting tethered and found alot of things to pay for and some shady things to download.

Keep in mind that my aim here was to be able to see myself while shooting self-refrence pictures(models cost money), not to actually have pictures saved on my computer as soon as I took them.

My Nikon D-90 came with an A/V cord, I have a TV and so, I had a good time. This, combined with a remote shutter release, was a fine solution.

Note: the TV just expands what is viewed on the camera's LCD screen, so a shitty TV just makes a shitter expanded picture, so this is really only a good solution for general composition. It also limits the placement of the camera relative to the TV set. Finally, to shoot onto the TV screen, LiveView has to be on. With the D-90 LiveView takes alot out of the battery and runs the risk of overheating the camera (the D-90 will turn of LiveView before this happens), so that's just something to keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment